Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

And we are back....

Clearly my intentions of keeping up a blog were short lived... about 3 posts later, I stopped writing. Now I hope to start writing again. About all sorts of things, running, teaching, moving, church, being married to a resident etc...
So where should I start, well I don't want to post too much because that might be too much work and I might not ever come back again.
Let's start with the fact that about a month ago we moved across the country...HOLY COW! Spokane, WA to Cleveland, OH. Big move...but alas we are here and settling in nicely...although the heat and humidity leave something to be desired.
Phil started residency woo...so far so good...
I got a job! YAYAYA!! Teaching fourth grade at a small district which I am super excited about, the job is just perfect for me, I can't wait.
I am training for a 5K which I will do in 2.5 weeks. I have never before done so much speed work in my life. Track workouts, tempo runs etc. Hopefully I make it through the race and it is a nice cool morning! :)
My brother is getting married this weekend in Seattle...also awesome.I have to take a Praxis test for my Ohio certification the day before he gets married in Seattle....not so awesome, but it is for a good cause (my job)! :)
We went to a great church on Sunday that might be a keeper. Providence Evangelical Free Church, it seems awesome so far, but we have only been there once, but will certainly be going back.
God is so faithful, even when we are not faithful, He is faithful because he cannot disown himself. Here is a trustworthy saying:
If we died with him,
we will also live with him;
12 if we endure,
we will also reign with him.
If we disown him,
he will also disown us;
13 if we are faithless,
he remains faithful,
for he cannot disown himself.
2 Timothy 2:11-13.
What a wonderful God. Regardless of how faithful we are to Him, he will never let us go from His hand. My name is graven on his hand (Isaiah 49: 16). When I was in high school and sometimes even to this day, if there is something really important that I don't want to forget, I will write it on my hand. What an amazing thing that my name is written on the hand of the Almighty God, creator of the universe. What great grace has been provided for sinners who don't deserve it. Hallelujah what a savior...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments! I'd LOVE to hear from you! :)