Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

So much work!

I feel like all I have done the last week is WORK! That is ok though, I am making progress. I went into my classroom every day this week for most of the day. It went from looking like a disaster area to a classroom. Overall, I am very pleased. My goal is to be totally finished setting up my room by Monday evening so that I can focus on planning and getting ready for kiddos. I have a few pictures to post of things that I did in my room. Most of my ideas have been inspired by pinterest, so I will try to put links to the sites the originals came from. I am not a very crafty person, but pinterest has really helped me out and has made me start thinking like a more crafty person. Also, the world of teaching blogging is amazing. I am still working on perfecting my blog, but certainly am following many other blogs. There are some amazing teachers out there with amazing ideas to whom I am thankful because then I don't have to come up with anything original!

Here is my new ruler container! :)
Ok the first thing I made was ruler tube. I used an old clorox wipe tub and hot glued scapbooking paper, a label and a tissue paper flower to cover up the seem.... and here is a beautiful container for the rulers in my classroom! :)

Another project is my teacher toolbox. I took the step to get rid of my teacher desk! Yikes, it is kind of scary, but not really because it sort of became a junk pile by the second month of school and then I rarely used it. So I have replaced it with the toolbox idea from pinterest. There are tons of examples on pinterest, but this one had dimensions for the labels and I bought the exact same one that she used. 

I created a word document using the label wizard and made my own custom sized label template to accommodate the dimensions of the drawers. My scrapbook paper was 12 x12, so I cut it into 8.5 x 11 and just stuck it in my printer and printed my labels that way. I put tape on the inside to hold them there. I think it looks great. I am very happy with it. If you want my template, let me know and I can post it! :) Next time I think I would put the labels on the smaller drawers down lower so that the words were easier to read, but for now it will work just fine! :)
Here it is! I am pretty happy with it! Hopefully it will keep me more organized.


I got the idea for interactive bulletin boards on pinterest as well and this was the best I could do with my brick walls, but I really like it. I am hoping that my yarn will stay up on the walls. I used a lot of tape and stickiclips. The kids will each have their own clothespin and can put up their best work and can change it out whenever they feel like it. This will only be used for math since I am teaching only one session of math but three sessions of social studies. I will display social studies work in the hall or hanging from clotheslines hanging from the ceiling panels.
Number 1
Number 2
Anyway, I have more to share but that is for a later date. This is all for now because I am tired and have shared enough! :) Good luck to all setting up classrooms or who are already teaching! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments! I'd LOVE to hear from you! :)